12192. Morgan Curry
- Not listed in GFG
- AKA: Heatley
- was his name Heatley Morgan Curry?
- This generation seems to have been omitted when the Getman Family Genealogy was printed. The result being that his children were attributed to his parents.
- 1930 census, New York City (Manhattan, Ward 8), New York, NY, dw 50 fam 495, ED 24, p 19A/106. Morgan Curry, Head, M W 25 M 19, NY NY NY, Undertaker; Catherine, Wife, F W 23 M 17, NY NY NY; Catherine, Daughter, F W 4 10/12 S; Florence, Daughter, F W 1 6/12 S.
15619. Catherine Elizabeth Curry
- GFG # C364db
15620. Florence Hope Curry
- GG # C364df
15621. Robert John Curry
- GFG # C364dm
- GFG identifies his DOD as 2 Dec 1956
12209. Clarence Frederic Nelson
- Clarence in 1900, Fred in 1910.
- 1910 census, living with Aunt Ethel
- 1920 Fort Edward, Washington, NY, dw 55 61, ED 207, p 3B/224. Fred Nelson, Head, M W 37 M, NY ME NY, Laborer-Paper Mill; Mabel, Wife, F W 31 M; Myrtle, Daughter, F W 11 S.
12220. Jarvis L Getman
- GFG # II 2780
- World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas - Jarvis L Getman - Inducted From: New York - RANK: Corporal - Combat Organization: 1896th Engineers Battalion Aviation - Death Date: 12 Jan 1945 - Monument: Fort William McKinley, Manila, The Philippines - Last Known Status: Missing - U.S. Awards: Purple Heart Medal
15623. Michael Wallace Getman
- GFG # II 3292
- Birth (Syracuse Herald Journal, Jan 8, 1941)
Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis Getman (Virgina Wallace), 126 Ashdale Aveune, a son. Jan. 4.
- Obituary (Syracuse Herald Journal, Feb 17, 1941)
Michael W Getman
Last writes were conducted Monday afternoon for Michael Wallace Getman, infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis Getman of 126 Ashdale Avenue, who died in Crouse-Irving Hospital Sunday. Services were conducted at 3 P.M. at the grave in Assumption Cemetery. Besides his parents the infant is survived by Mr . and Mrs. Bernard Wallace and Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Getman, all of Syracuse, and his great-grandparents. Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Getman of Herkimer, Mrs Margaret Lansing and Fred E Kemp, both of Syracuse.
12225. Margaret Lucinda Edick
- GFG # I 3532 / GFG # II 3136
- "Margaret Lucinda EDICK was born April 20, 1890 in Spinnerville, died May 31, 1983 in Bennington, VT, and is buried with her husband in Mohawk cemetery (lower back level near tree). Her husband was Raymond Cline GLEED of Mohawk. They had daughters, Jane and Bette, and lived on Richfield St. in Mohawk, overlooking the town park and school. Raymond Cline GLEED (b. Aug. 4, 1889, d. 1946 from pneumonia) was Mohawk village treasurer and an active fireman. He was named after his Uncle Cline, mayor of Amsterdam, NY. Raymond married Margaret Edick of July 31, 1912 in the Methodist Church in Mohawk. Raymond's brother William lived on Orchard St. with wife Hattie and son Harry. They were sons of Margaret Casler and James W. Gleed. "
Raymond Cline Gleed
- He resided a W. Main Street, Mohawk, NY when he registered for the WWI draft (Jun 5, 1917) He was employed as a Department Clerk by Remington Typewriter Co, Ilion, NY. He was married and had one child.
- 1920 census, Mohawk, Herkimer, NY (Main Street) fam # 224 - Gleed Raymond, rents his home, ae 29, born in NY, parents born in NY, Clerk (illegable); Margaret, wife, ae 29, born in NY; Jane, daughter, ae 2, born in NY.
- 1930 census, German Flatts, Herkimer, NY (29 S Richfield St) fam # 174 - Gleed Ray C, owns his home with a value of $4000, owns a radio, ae 41, married at age 23, , born in NY, parents born in NY, Assemble Cash Register Fac.; Margaret L, wife, ae 39, married at age 21, borni n NY, parents born in NY; Jane E, daughter, ae 12, borni n NY; Betty A, daughter, ae 6.
- Margaret Lucinda EDICK was born April 20, 1890 in Spinnerville, died May 31,
1983 in Bennington, VT, and is buried with her husband in Mohawk cemetery (lower back level near tree). Her husband was Raymond Cline GLEED of Mohawk. They had daughters, Jane and Bette, and lived on Richfield St. in Mohawk, overlooking the town park and school. Raymond Cline GLEED (b. Aug. 4, 1889, d. 1946 from pneumonia) was Mohawk village treasurer and an active fireman. He was named after his Uncle Cline, mayor of Amsterdam, NY. Raymond married Margaret Edick of July 31, 1912 in the Methodist Church in Mohawk. Raymond's brother William lived on Orchard St. with wife Hattie and son Harry. They were sons of Margaret Casler and James W. Gleed.
15624. Jane A Gleed
- GFG # I 4784 / GFG II 3486
15625. Bette Mae Gleed
- GFG # I 4785 / GFG II 3487
12228. Clara L Brown
- GFG # I 3535 / GFG # II 3139
- Alt DOB: 10 Aug 1893 (MV Harters)
Charles Leroy Wheelock
- 1920 census, German Flatts (Ilion), Herkimer, NY, fam # 72 - Wheelock Charles L, ae 27, born in NY, parents born in NY, occupation illigable; Clara L, wife, ae 26, born in NY, parents born in NY; Charles E, son, ae 3 8/12, born in NY; Virginia H, daughter, ae 1 1/12.
15626. Charles E Wheelock
- GFG # I 4787 / GFG II 3489
- Went West (Mohawk Valley Harters)
15627. Virginia H Wheelock
- GFG # I 4788 / GFG II 3490
15628. Norma Wheelock
- GFG # I 4789 / GFG II 3491
12229. William C Brown
- GFG # I 3536 / GFG # II 3140
- 1930 census, Columbia, Herkimer, NY, (Kingdom Road) fam # 115 - He and his family were living with his parents.
Mildred M Wilson
- Suspected to be the person listed here - 1910 census, Herkimer, Herkimer, NY, fam # 81 - Wilson Frank, ae 36, married 13 yr, born in NY, parent sborn in NY, Farmer - General Farm, rents his home; Grace, wife, ae 31, married 13 yr, 5 children, 5 living, born in NY, parents born in NY; Raymond, son, ae 9, born in NY; Maynard, son, ae 8; Mildred, daughter, ae 6; Adelbert, son, ae 1 4/12; Reba, daughter, ae 6/12.
15629. Eunice Brown
- GFG # I 4790 / GFG II 3492
15630. Helen E Brown
- GFG # I 4791 / GFG II 3493
15631. Corrine Brown
- GFG # I 4792 / GFG II 3494
15632. Shirley May Brown
- GFG # I 4793 / GFG II 3495
12232. Earl H Getman
- GFG # I 3539 / GFG # II 3143
- Suspected to be the person listed below.
190 census, Dolgeville, Herkimer, NY, fam # 135 - Getman Earl W, rents his home, ae 25, born in NY, Laborer - Shoe Factory; Sophia, ae 29, born in NY, father born in Germany, mother born in New York, Stamping --- - Shoe Factory.
15633. Edward H Getman
- GFG # I 4795 / GFG II 3497
- parentage presumed based on obituary
- Veteran - Korean War
- Obituary - Utica Observer - Dispatch, Utica, NY Sep 2, 2004
Edward H. Getman of Herkimer
Edward H. Getman, age 71, of East German Street, entered into eternal rest on Monday evening, August 30, 2004, in Valley Health Services Inc., Herkimer, after a long illness. He was born on April 4, 1933, in Ilion, son of the late Earl H. and Mabel Amell Getman. Ed was raised in West Winfield and was a graduate of West Winfield High School "class of 1952". An honorably discharged US Army veteran, he served in Korea during the Korean War. On March 20, 1953 he married the former Shirley Weber in West Winfield. After his military service he had worked as a mechanic for Pat Patterson's Garage in East Herkimer until 1962. He then moved to Arizona and worked with his brother, Earl, as an electrician. Mr. Getman returned to Herkimer in 1992, and worked maintenance at the East Herkimer State Trooper Substation, until his retirement in 2002. Ed had a strong belief in God and was of the Methodist faith. He was a life member of the Michael S. Pliseck Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #4915, Herkimer. He was happiest when he was surrounded by his many friends and family, especially his three grandchildren. He was proud of their athletic abilities and was always there to cheer them on at sporting events. He will be greatly missed by many. Surviving him are his wife of 51 years, Shirley; one son, James, and his wife, Janet Getman of East Herkimer; a brother Earl H. Jr. and his wife, Sandra Getman of Phoenix, AZ; three grandchildren, Amy Getman of Manlius, James Getman Jr. of Herkimer, Jered Getman of East Herkimer; several nieces and nephews. Funeral service will be on Friday at 11 a.m. in Fenner Funeral Home Inc., 115 Court Street, Herkimer. The Reverend Wrightson Tongue, Pastor of the Fist United Methodist Church, will officiate. Interment will follow in Oak Hill Cemetery. The family will be present in the funeral home to receive relatives and friends on Friday morning, one hour prior to the funeral service, 10 to 11 a.m. Memorial donations may be made to the National World War II Memorial Trip, c/o Mohawk Valley Chapter American Red Cross, 235 North Prospect Street, Herkimer, NY 13350. The family wishes to express their sincere appreciation to Dr. Brutal and Michelle, the third floor staff of Faxton-St. Luke's Oncology Unit for the care and compassion shown to Ed and his family during his illness.
12245. Earl Shaul
- GFG # C619 / GFG # I 3552 / GFG # II 3156
- 1910 Frankfort, Herkimer, NY, dw 332 fam 415, ED 5, p 20A/184. Warren J Carder, Head, M W 35 M1 5, Keeper - Hotel; Earl Shaul, Boarder, M W 24 S, NY ME ME, Liveryman [38 boarders in hotel].
- 1920 Herkimr, Herkimer, NY, dw 9 fam 4, ED 19, p 1A/156. Earl Shaul, Head, M W 35 M 23, Plumber-Plumbing & Hardware Store; Flora, Wife, W W 35 M1 23; Everett, Son, M W 12 S; Elenor, Dughter, F W 6 S; Nellie Broack, MrLaw, F W 72 Wd, NY Ire Ire.
15634. Everett B Shaul
- GFG # I 4797 / GFG II 3501
- Children: no children
- Military service: Major, USAF
- Residence: lived in Burkburnett, Texas
15635. Eleanor J Shaul
- GFG # I 4798 / GFG II 3502
12247. Estella Shaul
- GFG # C620 / GFG # I 3554 / GFG # II 3158
- 1920 Utica (Ward 6), Oneida, NY, dw 174 fam 326, ED 130, p 14A/192. Stella Updyke, Head, F W 25 Wd, NY NY NY, Operator-Knitting Mill; Andy Hagel, M W 34 S, NY Fra Fra, Welder-Machine Shop.
- 1930 Catorsville, Baltimore, MD, dw 72 fam 75, ED 3, p 4A/50. George Edson, Head, M W 47 M 24, MA MA MA, Overseer-Mills; Estela Updyke, Housekeeper, F W 36 Wd, NY NY NY; Francis, Boarder, F W 18 S, MI NJ NY.
15636. Evelyn Updyke
- GFG # I 4800 / GFG # II 3504
- Living with her maternal grandparents during the 1920 census.
- Living with her sister during the 1930 census.
15637. Frances Updyke
- GFG # I 4801 / GFG # II 3505
- Living with her maternal grandparents during the 1920 census.
12249. Ross John Edick
- GFG # I 3556 / GFG # II 3160
- 1930 census, German Flatts, Herkimer, NY, (Gage Road) fam # 2 - Edick Ross, owns his home with a value of $4000, owns a radio, ae 29, married at age 23, born in NY, parents born in NY, Garage Owner - Automobile; Rebba, wife, ae 25, born in NY, parents born in NY; Ray, son, ae 4, born in NY.
Laura Reba Wagner
- GFG # VIII 1228
12250. Ralph DeGarmo Edick
- GFG # I 3557 / GFG # II 3161
- 1930 census, German Flatts, Herkimer, NY, (Gage Road) fam # 3 - Edick Ralph, own shis homew with a value of $4000, owns a radio, ae 29, married at age 23, born in NY, parents born in NY, Garage Owner - Automobile; Marian, wife, ae 25, married at age 19, born in NY, parents born in NY; Elline, daughter, ae 3, born in NY.
15639. Eileen Helen Edick
- GFG # I 4803 / GFG # II 3507
12262. Edna May Edick
- GFG # II 3024
15640. Harold Eugene Snyder
- GFG II 3399
15641. Fayette Charles Snyder
- GFG II 3400
15642. Bertha June Snyder
- GFG II 3401